Footloose On The Neuse
The “Footloose on the Neuse” Summer Concert Series, presented by New Bern Parks and Recreation, will premiere Friday at Union Point Park, 210 East Front St., New Bern.
This new, family-friendly event includes live music on select Friday evenings throughout the summer from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Admission is free. Blankets and lawn chairs are permitted.
A variety of musical acts are included in the concert lineup:
- May 25 — Carolina Soul Band, Motown, soul;
- June 15 — Soul Psychadelique, high energy dance/rock;
- June 29 — Jukebox Revolver, variety;
- July 27 — Party Parrot, Jimmy Buffet Tribute;
- Aug. 17 — Boys from Carolina Bluegrass Band, bluegrass;
- Aug. 31 — Joe Brown Band variety; and
- Sept. 14 — The Castaways, beach.